IMDb’s Top 25 Movies Of The Decade
So, here they are, accompanied by the year of release and number of votes received. They are ranked based on a combination of total votes and overall rating (which I didn’t include). So there are films that have more votes than others before them, but rank lower on the list due to their overall rating:
1. The Dark Knight (2008) 410,450
Some quick observations:
- Christopher Nolan is obviously a favorite, because he has 4 films in the top 25!
- Gran Torino was one of the worst films I saw last year, and I’m puzzled as to how it made it on this list.
- Nice to see City Of God at number 3.
- I thought Up was just alright, as was Slumdog, but I guess I can understand the attraction to both films.
- I actually had to look up Downfall, and realized that while I haven’t actually watched it, I’ve seen the various parodies that use clips from it that have been all over YouTube in the last year or so.
- District 9? I’m vomiting.
- Overall, despite it being a mostly homogeneous list of films, with Hollywood blockbusters dominating, it’s nice to see a few “smaller,” more “artsy” films on the list, like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Requiem For A Dream, as well as foreign titles like The Lives Of Others, Amelie and Pan’s Labyrinth.
Thoughts? Also, what’s missing that should be on this list but isn’t?
11 comments to IMDb’s Top 25 Movies Of The Decade
View in: Mobile | Standard