About That “Mortal Kombat” Short With Michael Jai White…
If you didn’t see it, you can watch it HERE to catch up, or see it below. The web was all abuzz over it, with every blogger wondering who created it, what it was created for, etc… Well, wonder no more. Collider was able to track down the director, 26-year old, Kevin Tancharoen, and he had a lot to say.
Here are some items of note (as summarized by JoBlo):
• The film was shot over two days with two RED cameras, in early April, with another 2 months of post-production, and it cost $7,500. Many of the actors as well as crew donated their time.
• He wants to make the next Mortal Kombat movie and he knew that to be given a chance, he had to show that he could do it; so this was essentially his calling card.
• It was all done completely independently. No studio was involved, nor did any of them know about it.
• The same writer who is listed as the writer for the next Mortal Kombat movie, Oren Uziel, also wrote the script for the short.
• He wants to make a movie that balances the real world with the mysticism and the special powers.
• He Says Scorpion is indeed the bad guy and will stay a bad guy in the feature.
If you’d like to read the entire interview click HERE to head over to Collider for the rest.
Will his calling card be answered by Warner Bros.? We’ll just have to wait and see. Although, maybe a more important question is whether YOU, the fans, think Tancharoen should be given the project??? By the way, Tancharoen has only 1 feature-film credit on his resume, and you won’t believe what it is: last year’s Fame reboot!
Here’s the short film again:
6 comments to About That “Mortal Kombat” Short With Michael Jai White…
View in: Mobile | Standard