Weekend B.O. (Sept. 24-26)
O.K. I confess, I admit that right now I would rather be writing about Bishop Eddie Long and that scandal he’s currently neck deep in (and you just KNOW he’s guilty don’t you?), but this is Shadow And Act we have to do what we do best. And since this is Sunday that means the weekend box office report.
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps was No. 1, but did far less than expected. But let’s be honest. Was there ANY real desire to see a sequel 23 years after the original came out? On top of that, it’s not nearly even remotely as good as the original either. That talking Aussie owl cartoon was No.2, and Ben Affleck’s superb crime drama (go see it if you haven’t yet) The Town held strong at No. 3.
But what’s amazing is that BOTH Inception and Takers are still in the top ten. Who would have predicted that?
The rest below…
1. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (Fox) Weekend $19M
2. Legend Of The Guardians: The Owls (Warner Bros) Weekend $16.3M
3. The Town (Warner Bros) Cume $49.1M
4. Easy A (Screen Gems/Sony) Weekend $10.8M (-39%), Cume $32.9M
5. You Again (Disney) Weekend $8.3M
6. Devil (Universal) Weekend $6.7M (-45%), Cume $22M
7. Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D (Screen Gems/Sony) Weekend $4.9M, Cume $52M
8. Alpha & Omega (Lionsgate)Weekend $4.7M (-48%), Cume $15.1M
9. Takers (Screen Gems/Sony)Weekend $1.6M, Cume $54.9M
10. Inception (Warner Bros) Weekend $1.2M, Cume $287M
8 comments to Weekend B.O. (Sept. 24-26)
View in: Mobile | Standard